|Description: This is the summer home of Davis + Henderson co-founder William J. Davis. Davis’ cottage is located in Lorne Park Estates. This enclave was a planned resort community designed by Edmund Burke of Langley and Burke. It succeeded the park’s original use as a public “pleasure ground” in the early 1880s. Davis commissioned Burke to design his retreat in 1888. It was built by the following year.
Davis + Henderson began as a stationary manufacturer; the company continues to thrive as a leading cheque printer. Davis’ partner Henderson also had a cottage in the resort and sat on the Board. Davis’ family dubbed their retreat “The Pines.” The property overlooks the “Commons,” an original shared park that still exists.|
|Copyright: City of Mississauga|
|Agency: Planning & Heritage, Community Services|