Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1551 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Dixie Fruit Market
  View Full size image
Title: Dixie Fruit Market
Identifier: L795
Date of Original Photo: 1982
Date Built: 1965
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Dixie (Mississauga)
Location: 1607 Dundas Street East, pt Lot 4 RP 43R1701 pt. 1 pt. 2 RP43R6994 pt. 2, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1607 Dundas Street East. Conc 1 NDS, pt Lot 4 RP 43R1701 pt. 1 pt. 2 RP43R6994 pt. 2. The property was originally developed in 1911 by the Pallett family as a seasonal roadside fruit stand known as the Dixie Fruit Market. About 1955 it was leased from John and Leslie Pallett by the Indovina family who renamed it Dixie Quality Foods. In 1965 they built a new 20,000 square foot supermarket on the site. The property eventually went into receivership and was taken over by the Pirri family. By about 1985 the site was sold and became The Brick furniture store. Description as of February 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851