Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5925 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Women's Voluntary Service, Salvage Committee of Port Credit and Toronto
  View Full size image
Title: Women's Voluntary Service, Salvage Committee of Port Credit and Toronto
Identifier: M422
Date of Original Photo: 1944
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Women's Voluntary Service for Civil Defence

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Women's Voluntary Services for Air Raid Precaution, was formed in 1938 in Britain. The name was changed in February 1939 to the Women's Voluntary Services for Civil Defence. Initially their main duties were evacuation and medical supplies, such as bandages from old sheets, etc. After their name change their duties broadened to include salvage and old bone collection, running rest and mobile canteen services, etc. In 1944 the Salvage Committee of Port Credit and Toronto Township donated a van to the Women's Voluntary Service in Dover, England. Description as of February 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851