Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3045 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Log House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Log House, Clarkson
Identifier: N247
Date of Original Photo: 1984
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Location: 1620 Orr Road, Lot 28, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Formerly located at 21 Front Street South. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 7 N . Built ca 1830 and originally located in Orangeville, Ontario. The log house was dismantled and rebuilt as a Centennial project by the Port Credit Rovers on this site and used as a club house for the 4th Port Credit Scout Troop. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and part of the Old Port Credit Village Heritage District. In 2003 the City of Mississauga decided to move the log house to the Bradley Museum, depending on funding. The Museums of Mississauga began their fundraising campaign to save the log house in 2004. With the success of the Log Cabin Task Force of the Friends of the Museums of Mississauga, the log cabin was moved in 2007 and reconstructed on the site of the Bradley Museum at 1620 Orr Road, Clarkson. This 1984 photo shows the log house at its Port Credit location. Description as of February 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851