Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1275 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Cooksville Brickyard
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville Brickyard
Identifier: N549
Date of Original Photo: 1985
Date Built: 1912
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Brickyards - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 3065 Mavis Road, Lot 20, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 3065 Mavis Road, Lot 20, Con 1 NDS. The company went through several name changes. Built in 1912 as National Brick Co, it then became Cooksville Shale and Brick Co. in 1922. In 1924 it became the Cooksville Brick Company, and the Cooksville La Prairie Brick Co. in 1953, and then Domtar (Clay Division). By 1995 the Brickyard had closed down and the owner of the property, Jannock, shut down operations, leaving 500,000 square feet of derelict buildings and the remains of the quarries. Over 4 1/2 years the site was remediated and has been turned into a community of 2,500 homes, apartments and condominiums. Description as of February 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851