Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5532 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Identifier: PH3463
Date of Original Photo: 1985
Date Built: 1852
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 48 Lake Street, Plan 300W, pt. Lot 6

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Located at 48 Lake Street. Plan 300W, pt. Lot 6 and built in 1852 by John Thompson, a farmer and Port Credit’s first harbour master. This is a one-and-a-half storey, three bay facade structure built on a rectangular plan with a rear addition. Apparently old hunting knives and other early artifacts were discovered during an excavation of the cellar and this led to the belief that the house was the site of an old fort. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and now part of the Old Port Credit Village Heritage District. Description as of March 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851