Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1171 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Clarkson Post Office
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson Post Office
Identifier: PH3491
Date Built: 1875
Image Type: B&W Photo, 17.5x12.5 cm.
Subject: Postal service - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Harold Hare
Location: Clarkson Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The first post office in Clarkson was located at Clarkson's Corners in Warren Clarkson’s general store, which was north of his home. Warren’s son, William, was the first postmaster when the post office opened on June 1, 1875. It was owned and operated by Edith Clarkson until she died, November 30, 1919. This photo is a copy of a postcard from the Harold Hare Collection. Description as of March 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851