Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3482 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Merchant Bank, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Merchant Bank, Clarkson
Identifier: PH3493
Date Built: 1900
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x17.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Harold Hare
Location: 1109 Clarkson Road North, pt. Lot 28, Conc 2 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1109 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 28. This one-and-a-half storey structure was once used for commercial purposes, but later became a residence. It was originally the Merchant Bank of Canada and was Clarkson's first bank. It opened November 23, 1913 as a substation, and became a full-time branch on May 1, 1914 under the first manager, H. L. Read. The Merchant Bank was later absorbed into the Bank of Montreal in 1922. The bank closed in 1938. The building was purchased by Doug Auld in 1947 and became Auld Butcher Shop. It is listed on the Heritage Register. Description as of April 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851