Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2698 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Justin Barn, Meadowvale
  View Full size image
Title: Justin Barn, Meadowvale
Identifier: PH3534
Date of Original Photo: ca 1990
Date Built: ca 1870
Image Type: B&W Photo
Subject: Barns - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 7523 Winston Churchill blvd., pt. Lot 13, Conc 6 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 7523 Winston Churchill Blvd. Conc 6 WHS, pt. Lot 13. The original owner of the property was Martin Justin, who applied for the land grant in 1819 but died intestate before the claims were finalized. His son, William gained title to the land and built the house, known as "Easydale" about 1870. The barn, a Central Ontario gable, had a stone foundation with vertical plank siding, and may well have been the original barn built pre 1877. In 1978 the property was owned by Lisgar Twin Service and later in 1990 by Entas Developments, who had made a proposal to develop the site for purposes of high-density office/commercial use. The property was designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act in 1991, but was demolished in 1997. Description as of April 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850