Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3978 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Oliver Hammond, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Oliver Hammond, Erindale
Identifier: MC0660
Date of Original Photo: 1877
Image Type: B&W Drawing
Subject: Hammond, Oliver, 1812-1874

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A portrait of Oliver Hammond from the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County. Oliver Hammond, the son of David Hammond, Sr. and his wife, Rebecca Lawrence, was born February 16, 1812 in Glanford Township, Lincoln County. He married Sally Ann Carpenter February 8, 1838 and settled on Lot 2, Range 1 SDS, Toroto Township. By occupation he was a merchant and farmer and a prominent member of St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale. He served as lay delegate to Synod from 1864 to 1873, as warden of the church from 1866 to 1869 and again from 1871 to 1873. He also served as Justice of the Peace. In 1866 Oliver Hammond built a two storey red brick house in Italianate style. The house, presently located at 2625 Hammond Road, is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851