Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3976 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Oliver Barn, Derry West, Meadowvale
  View Full size image
Title: Oliver Barn, Derry West, Meadowvale
Identifier: PH3546
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Barns - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 6710 Hurontario Street, pt. Lot 9, Conc 1 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 6710 Hurontario Street. Conc 1 WHS, pt. Lot 9. This was a Raised Two Bay intersect barn with a stone foundation, vertical plank siding and metal sheeting on a gable roof. The Raised Two Bay barn is virtually identical to the Two Bay barn, except with the addition of a foundation storey, which is commonly used as a stable and thus reflects a larger livestock concentration on the farm. The property sat on a site held by William Oliver in 1859 and then by Josiah Oliver in 1877, as illustrated in the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County. Neither house nor barns from the illustration still stand, but this barn may have been built on the site of the original barns. However, it was demolished in 2000. Description as of April 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850