Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3413 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Meadowvale
  View Full size image
Title: Meadowvale
Identifier: MC0690
Image Type: B&W Drawing
Subject: Meadowvale (Ont.) - Maps

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Plan of the village of Meadowvale taken from the 1877 Historical Atlas of Peel County. The little village of Meadowvale, at the junction of Derry Road West and the Second Line, was first settled in 1820, near to the Credit River which provided the power for the mills and foundry that were developed in the area. By the 1850s Meadowvale had two hotels, a wagon shop and a school. Later the area became popular as a haven for artists. Many of the homes were built in the mid-19th century and are still standing. In 1980 Meadowvale Village became the first heritage conservation district in Ontario. Description as of February 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851