Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 666 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Brown-Vooro House, Derry West, Meadowvale
  View Full size image
Title: Brown-Vooro House, Derry West, Meadowvale
Identifier: MI0059
Date Built: 1866
Image Type: B&W Photo
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 6970 Vicar Gate, pt. Lot 10 E 1/2, Conc 2 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 6970 Vicar Gate. Conc 2 WHS, pt. Lot 10 E┐. Built in 1866 by Samuel Brown, a Loyalist, the Brown-Vooro House, was formerly located at 620 Derry Road West. The house is a T-shaped three-bay fašade brick structure, with a central projecting frontispiece, a pattern recommended by the Canada Farmer in 1865. It features polychromatic brick patterning on the rear wing and the verge board typical of Toronto Township. The building is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of May 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850