Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4620 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Robinson-Adamson House (The Grange), Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Robinson-Adamson House (The Grange), Erindale
Identifier: MI0061
Date Built: 1828
Image Type: B&W Photo
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 1921 Dundas Street West, pt. Lot 2, Conc Range 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1921 Dundas Street West. Range 1 NDS, pt. Lot 2. Believed to have been the home of Sir John Beverley Robinson, the Chief Justice of Upper Canada in the first quarter of the 19th century. It is a one-and-a-half storey Regency style cottage with a low pitched hipped roof, very similar to The Grange in Toronto, built in 1817 by Robinson’s brother-in-law, D’Arcy Boulton. Robinson probably did not own the property long, and it had a succession of owners, including Dr. Beaumont Dixie, Col. Charles Mitchell, son-in-law of Gen. Peter Adamson, the Very Rev. Dean Henry J. Grassett, Dean of St. James Cathedral, Weymouth G. Schreiber, and Arthur and Henry Adamson. In 1968 The Grange was sold to Mallparks Development and in 1978 Cadillac-Fairview donated the cottage and 0.9 acres to the City of Mississauga. It was used by the Boy Scouts of Canada, Mississauga Region, from 1988 until 2004 when it was taken over by the Mississauga Heritage Foundation. The property has a heritage easement. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of May 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850