Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2020 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Franklin House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Franklin House, Streetsville
Identifier: MI0042
Date Built: ca 1855
Image Type: B&W Photo
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 263-265 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 3 W 1/2, Conc 4 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 263-265 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 W¿. Built ca 1855, possibly by William Graydon for Peter Douglass. Sold in 1859 to Bennet Franklin, a partner in Barber Brothers Toronto Woollen Mills. In 1910, under new ownership, the name was changed to the Queen’s Hotel. It ceased to operate as a hotel with the enforcement of the Canada Temperance Act, but continued to be used for commercial purposes. By about 1988 the building had been converted to the Sundance Saloon and Grill with an outdoor patio. In 2008 it was restored and now operates under its original name. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and protected by a heritage easement. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of April 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851