Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 1104 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
Clarke Memorial Hall, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Clarke Memorial Hall, Port Credit
Identifier: MI0069
Date of Original Photo: September 1975
Date Built: 1922
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 161 Lakeshore Road West, pt. Lot 8 south 1/2, Conc Range 1 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 161 Lakeshore Road West. Range 1 SDS, pt. Lot 8 South . Erected by Mary Louise Clarke in 1922 as a memorial to her husband, Alfred Russel Clarke. He had died of pneumonia contracted as a result of the sinking in 1915 of the Lusitania, on which he was a passenger. The Hall was donated to the United Church and used as a Sunday School. During the Depression it was handed over to the Village of Port Credit and used as a Community Hall. It was the site of the Port Credit Municipal Offices from 1941 to 1974. Since then it has been used for meetings, auctions and various events, and as a theatre. The Hall is built in Spanish Colonial Revival style. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of May 2102.
Agency: Mississauga Library System