Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3379 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
McDougall House, Clarkson (also known as the Tedder House and the Gingerbread House)
  View Full size image
Title: McDougall House, Clarkson (also known as the Tedder House and the Gingerbread House)
Identifier: MI0075
Date Built: 1834
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 1207 Lorne Park Road, pt. Lot 25, Conc 2 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1207 Lorne Park Road. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 25. A one-and-a-half storey Queen Anne house with elaborate gingerbread and treillage, it was also known as the Gingerbread House. There is an octagonal tower on the south side. Built originally as a log cabin ca 1834, it was enlarged considerably over several years and acquired a number of gables, gingerbread and the tower. It was bought some time after 1885 by Herbert Denison who made alterations, and later owned by Arthur Luker. Later in the 1940s it was acquired by Mr. Tedder who built the attached coach house in similar style. The house has had several further owners. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of May 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850