Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 352 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Bell Hotel, Meadowvale Village
  View Full size image
Title: Bell Hotel, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: MI0081
Date of Original Photo: 1983
Date Built: 1844
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: City of Mississauga
Location: 1090 Derry Road West, pt. Lot 10, E 1/2, Conc 3 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1090 Derry Road West. Conc 3 WHS, pt. Lot 10, Eż. Built in 1844 by the village blacksmith, George Bell, who had purchased land from mill owner John Simpson. This was the first hotel in Meadowvale, and was also known as the Temperance Hotel. Presently residential. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and located within the Meadowvale Village Conservation District. Original photo at Museums of Mississauga. Description as of May 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851