Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1399 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Crane-Hand House, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Crane-Hand House, Erindale
Identifier: PH0439
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: ca 1880
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 3987 Woodchuck Lane, pt. Lot 3 S1/2, Range 3 CIR, NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 3987 Woodchuck Lane, at the corner of Mississauga Road. Pt. Lot 3 S1/2, Range 3 CIR, NDS. The house was built about 1880 and occupied for about 40 years by William Hand, of the renowned T. W. Hand Fireworks Company which had its headquarters in Cooksville from 1930 to 1972. The house was eventually sold to a developer and, in spite of its architectural and historical value, was demolished in 2003 to make way for a large estate home. It had been listed on the Heritage Inventory.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850