Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 166 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Anchorage, Front Entrance, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Anchorage, Front Entrance, Clarkson
Identifier: PH0504
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Museums - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1620 Orr Road, pt. Lot 28, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1620 Orr Road. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 28. Built about 1830 on land in the area of Lakeshore Road and Southdown Road, and bought in 1839 by Captain John Skynner. It is a one-and-a-half storey Regency style cottage with a five bay facade. After Skynnerís death in 1846 alterations were made to the building. It was occupied by the Skynner family until 1853 and then passed through several owners until it was acquired by National Sewer Pipe who used the building as an office. It was donated to the City of Mississauga in 1978 and moved to its present location on the Bradley Museum site, where it underwent extensive renovation and serves as an exhibit gallery, tea room, curatorial workspace, meeting room and collection storage area. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This 1976 view of the front entrance was taken before the building was moved to the grounds of the Bradley Museum.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851