Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5157 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
Identifier: PH0622
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1887
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x9 cm.
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1745 Dundas Street West, pt. Lot 3, Conc Range 1 CIR, NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1745 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. The second church on this site. The original church, built in 1827, was of white frame construction, 52 feet long and 52 feet wide. The parcel of land on which the church was built was purchased for ten shillings by Peter Adamson, Joseph Adamson, Alexander Proudfoot, William Thompson, Frederick Starr Jarvis and Henry Carpenter. The Rev. James Magrath, who had come from Ireland with his wife and family, was appointed the first Rector. In 1887 the first church was razed to make way for construction of the second church, built of Credit Valley stone. In 1910, a tower and spire were added. Listed on the Heritage Inventory. This photo, taken in 1989, shows the corner of Dundas Street and Mississauga Road after it was widened, with the church in the background.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851