Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1660 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Dr. Dixie's House, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Dr. Dixie's House, Erindale
Identifier: PH0645
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: Before 1854
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1437 Dundas Crescent North, pt. Lot 5-6, Range 1, CIR, SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1437 Dundas Crescent North. Range 1, CIR, SDS, Pt. Lot 5-6. Most probably built before 1854. Marjorie Twitchell reported that the house was willed to Dr. Beaumont Wilson Bowen Dixie by his aunt, Christina Wilson, of Stamford Township. The original house was a single storey frame structure with a stone foundation, sheathed in clapboard. Over time, numerous additions were made to it. The house was eventually owned by Peter Demeter and it was here that his wife, Christine, was murdered. In 1984 Demeter allegedly arranged for the house to be blown up. The building was demolished that year. It had been listed on the heritage inventory.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851