Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5160 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: St. Peter's Anglican Church, Erindale
Identifier: PH0618
Date of Original Photo: ca 1960
Date Built: 1887
Image Type: B&W Photo, 8x8 cm.
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Beth Rothwell
Location: 1745 Dundas Street West, pt. Lot 3, Conc. Range 1 CIR, NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1745 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. The second church on this site. The original church, built in 1827, was of white frame construction, 52 feet long and 52 feet wide. The parcel of land on which the church was built was purchased for ten shillings by Peter Adamson, Joseph Adamson, Alexander Proudfoot, William Thompson, Frederick Starr Jarvis and Henry Carpenter. The Rev. James Magrath, who had come from Ireland with his wife and family, was appointed the first Rector. In 1887 the first church was razed to make way for construction of the second church, built of Credit Valley stone. In 1910, a tower and spire were added. Listed on the Heritage Inventory. This photo, taken in the 1960s and donated by Beth Rothwell, shows the front of the church and parking area.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851