Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3284 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Masonic Temple, North Entrance, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Masonic Temple, North Entrance, Port Credit
Identifier: PH0724
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: ca 1845
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 47 Port Street West, pt. Lot 8, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 47 Port Street West. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 8. This structure was originally the first Methodist Church, built about 1845, and at that time located on Lakeshore Road. It was moved to this location in 1894 and used as a community hall, nicknamed Shaw’s Hall after James Robinson Shaw, one of the members of the congregation. The building was bought by the local Masonic Lodge in 1915 and extensively renovated. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and located within the Old Port Credit Village Heritage Conservation District. This 1989 photo is of the north entrance.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851