Browse & Search All Images
Displaying image 5047 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
St. John the Baptist Anglican Church, Front Door, Dixie
  View Full size image
Title: St. John the Baptist Anglican Church, Front Door, Dixie
Identifier: PH0748
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: 1926
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Dixie (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 719 Dundas Street East, pt. Lot 10, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 719 Dundas Street East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 10. The Anglicans worshipped at the Dixie Union Chapel until 1870 when they built a brick church on the site now occupied by the present building. This church was struck by lightning June 24th, 1924 and destroyed by the subsequent fire. New construction commenced in the spring of 1925 and the present church was opened in early 1926 (contractor, Andrew Roberton). In 1955 a parish hall was added. Heritage listed. This 1976 photo shows the front door of the church, under the tower.
Agency: Mississauga Library System