Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5209 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Sterling Bank of Canada, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Sterling Bank of Canada, Port Credit
Identifier: HA0026
Date Built: 1908
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: 1 Stavebank Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1 Stavebank Road. This bank building was built in 1908. The Sterling Bank of Canada was incorporated in 1905 and was mostly a regional bank with headquarters in Toronto. It merged with the Standard Bank of Canada in 1924 and by 1928 this merged institution had become part of the Canadian Bank of Commerce. At one time the Sterling Bank was the only bank between New Toronto and Oakville and north to Brampton. The original front entrance on 50 Lakeshore Road has become the side entrance of a residential property which is listed on the Heritage Register. The photograph shows, from the left, the Sterling Bank, Martin Murray Shoe Repair, Bob Davis Watch Clock and Bicycle, and Clark Real Estate. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850