Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4818 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Shaw's Tavern, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Shaw's Tavern, Port Credit
Identifier: HA0032
Date Built: 1837
Image Type: B&W Drawing, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: Lot 9, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A sketch of Shaw's Tavern, originally located at Lot 9 Conc 3 SDS, photographed from John Ross Robertson's "Landmarks of Toronto". The building was located at the northeast corner of Port Street and Mississauga Road. Built in 1837, it was later used as a house by James Robinson Shaw after he gave up keeping the tavern. Benjamin Lynd, who married J. R. Shaw's daughter, Ida Ella Shaw, built a house on the site in 1907, which is now 15 Mississauga Road South. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850