Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5531 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Thompson-Zeman House, Port Credit
Identifier: HA0033
Date of Original Photo: ca 1920
Date Built: 1852
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: 48 Lake Street, Plan 300W, pt. Lot 6

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 48 Lake Street. Plan 300W, pt. Lot 6. Built in 1852 by John Thompson, a farmer and Port Credit’s first harbour master. The house was referred to as the "Old Fort" by early residents and is believed to be the original site for trade with the native Mississaugas at the mouth of the Credit River. Apparently old hunting knives and other early artifacts were discovered during an excavation of the cellar and this led to the belief that the house was the site of an old fort. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and now part of the Old Port Credit Village Heritage District. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851