Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5870 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
William Clarkson Store, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: William Clarkson Store, Clarkson
Identifier: HA0041
Date Built: 1835
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: Clarkson's Corners, Lot 28, Conc 2 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Miss Edith Clarkson and Miss Cora Clarkson (Mrs. William Shook) stand in front of the store. Warren Clarkson, Edith's and Cora's grandfather, built the first grocery store in 1835 on what was to become Clarkson Road. Sometime in the 1860s his sons, William and Henry, took over the store and William opened the first post office in 1875. William was succeeded at the store by his son, Warren Frank, in 1894, and in 1901 Warren turned over the store to his sister, Edith. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850