Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
  View Full size image
Title: "Erindale", the Magrath Residence
Identifier: HA0048
Image Type: B&W Drawing, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: Lots 24-27, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The first Erindale Estate was situated in Springfield-on-the-Credit, and was the residence of the Rev. James W. Magrath who emigrated from Ireland in 1827 with his family and became the first clergyman of St. Peterís Church, Erindale. The property on which the house stood was 700 acres. In 1861 this house was burned to the ground and the family, in the meantime, moved into Mr. Taylorís hotel in the village for a month, and then to a cottage at the foot of the Long Avenue while the second Erindale was being built. This photo of a black and white drawing is from the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850