Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4334 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
R. J. Davis Garage and Livery, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: R. J. Davis Garage and Livery, Port Credit
Identifier: HA0059
Date of Original Photo: 1918
Date Built: ca 1875
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: 62 Lakeshore Road East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 62 Lakeshore Road East. Built about 1875 by James Clarke, the building was originally a grain warehouse and retail flour and feed outlet. With the advent of the railway there was a decrease in the shipping of grain, and the storehouse became Port Credit’s first garage, owned by Bob Davis and operated by Vic Dyke and Fred Selman. In 1921 the building was taken over by Clarke Real Estate. It later became a retail property with residential units. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850