Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 816 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Canteen, Rifle Ranges, Long Branch
  View Full size image
Title: Canteen, Rifle Ranges, Long Branch
Identifier: HA0061
Date of Original Photo: 1908
Date Built: 1900
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Lakeview (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: Lot 8, Conc 2 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A rifle range was established in 1897 on Conc 2 SDS, Lot 8, Toronto Township, and later formed part of the Ontario Rifle Ranges at Long Branch, the second most extensive site in Canada after that in Ottawa. Built in 1900, and used until 1946-1950, the building became the site of the Lakeview Arms Academy. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850