Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2309 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Hamilton Store, Port Credit
  View Full size image
Title: Hamilton Store, Port Credit
Identifier: HA0068
Date Built: ca 1850
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x8 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit (Mississauga)
Donor: Charlie Hare
Location: 71 Lakeshore Road East, Plan 300E pt Lot 14

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 71 Lakeshore Road East. Photograph of a sketch by Owen Staples. The store was built about 1850 by William Clarkson, who sold it after 1855 to Robert Cotton. James Hamilton, who apprenticed with Cotton, bought the store from Cotton and managed it with his two sons, Charlie and Fred, until 1922. It later became the Dutch Kitchen Tavern, and later a restaurant, Van Gogh’s. The site then continued as retail property with residential units. From the Harold Hare Collection.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851