Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4406 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Rattray Marsh Conservation Area, Photographers, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Rattray Marsh Conservation Area, Photographers, Clarkson
Identifier: HF0113
Date of Original Photo: 1973
Image Type: Slide, 35 mm
Subject: Marshes - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Friends of the Mississauga Library System
Location: Rattray Marsh

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Nature photographers at work in the Rattray Marsh. Rattray Marsh Conservation Area is a protected natural conservation area, accessible from Meadow Wood Road, north of Orr Road, or through Jack Darling Memorial Park. The marsh was originally called Cranberry Marsh in Wilmot’s Survey. It was bought by Major Rattray in 1945. After his death in 1959 various groups fought to save the marsh as a conservation area. Photographed by Bert Hoferichter, MPA.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850