Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3357 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
McClure House, South Fašade, Meadowvale
  View Full size image
Title: McClure House, South Fašade, Meadowvale
Identifier: PH0942
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: Between 1851 and 1860
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 7270 Creditview Road, pt. Lot 12, Conc 4 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Originally located at 7270 Creditview Road, Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 12, north of Derry Road. This was a T-plan one-and-a-half storey, gable-roofed brick house. James McClure Junior commissioned builder John Mains to build the house between 1851 and 1860. The bricks were made in Milton. The property remained in the McClure family until 1924 when it was sold to Walter Sutton. Sutton owned it until 1947 when it fell into the hands of developers. Previously listed on the Heritage Register, it was demolished in 1988. This is a view of the south fašade.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851