Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2307 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Hamilton General Store and Post Office, Port Credit
Identifier: A147
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 71 Lakeshore Road East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Copy of a photograph from the Marg Naish Collection, courtesy of Mississauga South Historical Society. It shows a group of men, on a Sunday, standing before the Hamilton General Store at 71 Lakeshore Road East. The store was built ca 1850 by William Clarkson, who sold it after 1855 to Robert Cotton. James Hamilton, who apprenticed with Cotton, bought the store from Cotton and managed it with his two sons, Charlie and Fred, until 1922. It later became the Dutch Kitchen Tavern, and later a restaurant, Van Gogh’s. This site is presently retail property with residential units.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851