Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5762 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Wardís Drug Store, (Revere Building), Cooksville
Identifier: CK0021
Date of Original Photo: ca 1930
Date Built: ca 1840
Image Type: B&W Photo, 16.5x11.5 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Cooksville
Location: Northwest corner Dundas and Hurontario Streets,Lot 16,Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Probably built about 1840 as the Walterhouse family home, it was later run as a hotel by Edway Walterhouse. It later became the Union Bank, Alfred Wardís Rexall Drug Store, then a jewellery store, a menís wear shop, and a beauty salon. The building was demolished in 1974 to make room for a right turn lane and the Cooksville parkette. Since then, as of 2004, two other buildings beside the site (between Dundas and Agnes Streets on the west side of Hurontario) have been demolished and the parkette has been moved. There is a new building on the site, the Cooksville Colonnade, and the new Cooksville Branch Library is now located on the second floor of this building.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851