Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1317 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville Library and Administration Office, 1958
Identifier: CK0158
Date of Original Photo: 1958
Image Type: B&W Photo, 23x18.5cm
Subject: Public libraries - Ontairo - Cooksville
Location: South side of Dundas Street

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Cooksville Library began in a small commercial bulding on Dundas Street, across from the Toronto Township Municipal Offices. In November 1956 the residents of Toronto Township voted to establish a township public library. This library system included existing association libraries in Cooksville, Meadowvale, Malton, the Gardens, Clarkson and Lorne Park. In 1957 the Cooksville Library became the Central Branch of the Toronto Township Public Library. By 1958 the Central branch had moved across Dundas Street to larger quarters in the basement of the former Methodist Church. This building was quite cramped and was eventually demolished in 1963, shortly after the library moved to a new 10,000 square foot building to the west of the Municipal Offices at Confederation Square, at 110 Dundas Street West.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850