Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1313 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville House
Identifier: CK0036
Date of Original Photo: ca. 1930s
Date Built: ca 1852
Image Type: B&W Photo, 16.5x11.5 cm
Subject: Cooksville Inn
Location: Northeast corner of Hurontario and Dundas Streets, Lot 15, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Originally known as the Cooksville House, it was built by Francis Morley, probably shortly after the 1852 fire which destroyed much of Cooksville. Proprietors over the years included James King, John Ward, George Bowers (1907-1942), John Braithwaite (1945-1948), and Alfred Ward (1948-1955). It was demolished in 1955 when the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce was built at 5 Dundas Street East. This photograph was probably taken around 1930.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851