Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5015 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Port Credit
Identifier: A239
Date Built: 1892
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Port Credit
Location: 24 Stavebank Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 24 Stavebank Road. Plan 300E, PCL 8. This small frame church was built at Elizabeth and High Streets in 1892. Prior to that Presbyterian church members worshipped in Mrs. Craigie's house on Centre Street. Mrs. Craigie was a daughter of James Robinson Shaw. Later the congregation worshipped in the ballroom of the Wilcox Hotel, as well as the Oddfellows Hall. The present stone church was begun in 1927 at a cost of $90,000 and completed in 1928. A wing was added to it in 1956. Heritage listed.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850