Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5046 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. John the Baptist Anglican Church, Dixie
Identifier: A320
Date of Original Photo: 1975
Date Built: 1926
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 719 Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 719 Dundas Street East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 10. The Anglicans worshipped at the Dixie Union Chapel until 1870 when they built a brick church on the site now occupied by the present building. This church was struck by lightning June 24th, 1924 and destroyed by the subsequent fire. New construction commenced in the spring of 1925 and the present church was opened in early 1926 (contractor, Andrew Roberton). In 1955 a parish hall was added. Heritage listed.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851