Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2349 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Harris House, Cooksville
Identifier: A437
Date Built: ca 1833
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Cooksville (Mississauga)
Location: 89 Dundas Street West, Lot 14, Plan TOR 12

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 89 Dundas Street West. Plan Tor-12, Lot 14. This was a one-and-one-half storey frame stuccoed structure. It was believed to be one of the earliest structures in Cooksville, probably built about 1833. It was a simple Neo-Classical style building, with a three bay fašade, built on ground level with no cellar and a small upper floor. The building was of frame construction and had very few upgrades in well over the hundred years it stood on this site. There were changes to the rear of the structure in the form of additions, but the main fašade changed very little. The original owner was Samuel Emerson Harris, son of Samuel Harris who married Charlotte Walterhouse, the daughter of William Walterhouse, Sr. The house remained in the Harris family for several generations. Formerly listed on the Heritage Register, it was severely damaged by fire in September 1990 and was demolished in 1991.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851