Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2365 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Harris Real Estate, Formerly Cooksville Methodist Church
Identifier: A444
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1844
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Cooksville (Mississauga)
Location: 91-93 Dundas Street West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 91-93 Dundas Street West. Conc 1 SDS Lot 16. Plan Tor 12, Lot 14. Built 1844 on Agnes Street to replace the original log church, the building was moved to Dundas Street in the late 1800s by Samuel Emerson Harris to its present location, then used for a seed and flour business until 1924. The entrance facade of the original church was remodelled in the late 19th or earlier 20th centuries to accommodate two commercial storefronts. Samuel Harris's grandson, Gordon Harris, carried on a real estate business in one of the buildings. Also used as the Cooksville Association Library from October 1949 to June 1957 when it became the Township of Toronto Public Library until 1960. Demolished 1991. Heritage listed.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851