Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1701 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Earrings
Identifier: 2005.1.111
Donor: Geoffrey Sayers
Item Date: c.1890
Image Creator: Museums of Mississuaga
Creation Date: 2005
Location: Benares Historic House

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A pair of yellow plated metal earrings. The earrings are screw backs with a plain circular disk. Each earring has a dome shaped drop with four bell shaped beads that dangled down.

History: Kathleen Agnes Sayers neť Colloton (1907 -1981) was the wife of Geoffrey Sayers. Kathleen, known as Kay, married Geoffrey in 1933 at St. Peterís Anglican Church in Erindale. Kay and Geoffrey never had any children and were the last Harris relatives to live at Benares. This jewellery was part of Kay Sayers Estate and was donated by Geoffrey Sayers. Many of these pieces were originally from inheritances through the Harris and Draper families.
Copyright: Museums of Mississuaga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississuaga
pcomapp02:8850