Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4485 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Ring
Identifier: 2005.1.21
Donor: Geoffrey Sayers
Item Date: c.1890
Image Creator: Museums of Mississauga
Creation Date: 2005
Location: Benares Historic House

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: A plain 15 carat red gold ring with a gypsy set rose cut diamond.

History: Kathleen Agnes Sayers neť Colloton (1907 -1981) was the wife of Geoffrey Sayers. Kathleen, known as Kay, married Geoffrey in 1933 at St. Peterís Anglican Church in Erindale. Kay and Geoffrey never had any children and were the last Harris relatives to live at Benares. This jewellery was part of Kay Sayers Estate and was donated by Geoffrey Sayers. Many of these pieces were originally from inheritances through the Harris and Draper families.
Copyright: Museums of Mississuaga
Rights & Permissions: Museums of Mississauga
pcomapp02:8850