Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5647 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Trinity Anglican Church, Streetsville
Identifier: D532
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1843
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 69 Queen Street South

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 69 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 5 W. The parish was founded in 1841, with Rev. R. J. McGeorge as the first rector. The land was given by Henry Rutledge (The Commodore) in whose brickyard the brick was made. The cornerstone of the church was laid in October 1842 by the Rev. Bishop John Strachan. The church was completed in 1843, and underwent several alterations and additions. In 1876 the chancel was built and a sub-chancel put in, the gallery was removed and a tower erected. In 1896 the windows were changed from square top to Gothic, taking away the Greek Revival influence. The church was destroyed by fire (arson) on April 26 1998, and demolished. A new church, on the site, has been built and was opened September 9, 2000.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851