Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1710 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Eden Cemetery
Identifier: MVC-105 Disk 2
Date of Original Photo: 2005
Image Type: Photograph
Subject: Eden Cemetery
Image Creator: Administration & Cemeteries
Creation Date: 2005/10/11
Location: Eden Cemetery

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Eden United Cemetery or Switzer's as it has been called, established in 1840, is located on the south side of Derry Road West between Glen Erin Drive and Winston Churchill Boulevard.

Located originally among the North-West farmlands of Toronto Township, Eden Cemetery and Switzer's Church were on part of the west half of Lot 10, Concession 6 West in Toronto Township. The 100 acre farm which John Switzer received in 1834 from his father Samuel Switzer who bought all of Lot 10 in 1830. A frame church (Switzer's Church) was erected on December 13, 1840, by Reverend Egerton Ryerson.
pcomapp02:8851