Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 564 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Britannia School, SS #12
Identifier: E566
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1864
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Britannia (Mississauga)
Location: 5576 Hurontario Street

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 5576 Hurontario Street. Conc 1 WHS, pt. Lot 3 Eż..Britannia School was built in 1864, on 200 acres of land which was granted by the Crown in 1833 to three trustees, William Thompson, James Magrath and Joseph Gardner, for the endowment, support and maintenance of a school. The land was operated as a farm by John Ellis from 1939 to 1971. In 1956 the school was closed. In 1978 the City of Mississauga designated the school as a heritage property and restoration of the school began and was completed in 1982. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850