Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 268 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: B-A Garage, Cooksville
Identifier: CK0078
Date of Original Photo: ca. 1936-1937
Image Type: B&W Photo, 16.5x11.5 cm
Subject: Service stations - Ontario - Cooksville
Location: 8 - 10 Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Formerly the British-American Gas Station, owned by Bert Russell, and later sold to Johnson & Magwood. Not to be confused with Russellís Garage (no relation) at 202 Dundas Street West. It later became the Gulf Station. This photogrpah was taken between 1936 and 1937. The Chatterbox Restaurant was added on to the station in 1948, and had begun as part of the defunct Chatterette Drive-in Chain. Both the station and the restaurant closed in January 1980 to make way for a shopping plaza. Copeland's store is shown at left.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851