Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1727 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Edith Clarkson House
  View Full size image
Title: Edith Clarkson House
Identifier: BA0153
Image Type: B&W Photo, 13x7.5 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson
Location: 1160 Clarkson Road North, Plan G-13, Lot 1

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1160 Clarkson Road North. Plan G-13, Lot 1. This is a two-and-a-half storey Queen Anne brick structure with stone facing. Warren Clarkson, who died in 1882, left the property north of the railroad on the west side of Clarkson Road to his son, William. This block of land extended to just north of the Adams property (as of 1863) and west of the 5th Line. Eventually it became the property of Edith Clarkson, daughter of William Clarkson and his wife, Lorenda Hemphill. She built the house, just north of the Post Office, in 1913. Edith Clarkson was the post mistress and operated the Telephone Office and General Store until her death in 1919. The building is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850